Call +91 9610450077 or Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for Details
PACKAGE CODE: 7S – 005
TOUR DURATION: 6N & 7D
STATES COVERED: ASSAM & MEGHALAYA
DESTINATIONS ENVISAGED: SHILLONG (2N) – KAZIRANGA (02N) – GUWAHATI (02N)
~ DAY TO DAY (Suggested Itinerary) ~
DAY 01: GUWAHATI AIRPORT – SHILLONG (110 KMS / 3 HRS DRIVE)
Arrive Guwahati Airport ……..your gateway to the beautiful North East!!!! Our local office representative shall meet & greet you @ airport & you shall be transferred to Shillong. Enroute visit UMIAM LAKE – more popularly known as Barapani, this is the biggest artificial lake in the State. Surrounded by sylvan hills and wrapped in the beauty of an assortment of green Khasi-pines and the azure blue skies is the majestic Umiam Lake. Developed upon the reservoir of the Umium Hydro Electric Project, the Water Sports Complex provides a choice of row-boats, paddle-boats, cruise boats, sailing boats, water scooters and speed boats. If time permits, one can enjoy water sports activities here (Optional cost). Later arrive Shillong – ‘Scotland of the East’ &check into the hotel. Overnight stay at Shillong.
DAY 02: Local Sightseeing @ SHILLONG
Morning after breakfast, local sightseeing tour of Shillong. Visit the GOLF COURSE of Shillong, which is third oldest golf courses in India, commissioned during British regime by the British Civil Service Officers at a location known as ‘Laban’ in the year 1898. Also known as ‘Gleneagle of the East’, it stands amidst pine groves and rhododendron trees at an altitude of 5,200 ft. above sea level. WARDS LAKE is among most popular tourist locations of the hill station. It is an artificial lake that is enveloped within a widespread garden. Also known as Polok Lake, the water body is located in the middle of the city. Along with the Wards Lake is a BOTANICAL GARDEN that houses an extensive range of exotic plants and flowers. DON BOSCO MUSEUM – a unique venture of the Salesians of Don Bosco in North East India to develop expert facilities for the preservation and promotion of numerous beautiful and diverse indigenous cultures of the region. The Museum exhibits cultural artifacts thematically arranged from floor to floor in the different galleries along with excellent paintings depicting various aspects of the cultures of North East India forms the first and most visible aspect of DBCIC!ARCHERY SHOW (on your own) – The archery gambling is a sort of lottery, with the local archers shooting at a target. People all over Meghalaya place bet on the last 2 digits of the number of arrows sticking to the target. It is really a fascinating mixture of sport, culture & gambling……you must experience Gambling here!
Evening visit Local markets in Shillong (BARA BAZAAR and POLICE BAZAAR) for the best shopping experience. Overnight stay at Shillong.
Specialty shopping at Shillong:
Bara Bazaar & Police Bazaar – These markets also host the IEWDEH, the weekly local market. You can explore the markets for goodies that are locally produced like handicrafts, wooden items, bamboo artifacts and a very popular forest-made honey. Get your hands on some of the souvenirs typical to Shillong – hand-carved knives, Tibetan shawls, bamboo cutlery and artifacts. The Police Bazaar is known for its traditional Khasi silk skirts, called jain-sayem. Also savour the locally grown fruits, Sayang and Saflang, which are wrapped and sold in banana leaves.
Highlight: – Don Bosco Museum & Archery Show
DAY 03: SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA (295 KMS / 6.30 HRS DRIVE)
Morning after breakfast you shall be transferred to Kaziranga. Its Declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 for its unique natural environment KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK is situated in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of Assam. It is one of the last areas in eastern India undisturbed by a human presence. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, as well as many mammals, including tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and thousands of birds.
Later on arrival in Kaziranga, check into the hotel. PM – Enjoy a thrilling JEEP Safari in the park with our expert Naturalist. Evening free or one can explore the Crafts Centre & Assamese village on own. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Highlight: – Jeep Safari
DAY 04: KAZIRANGA SAFARI
Early morning go for ELEPHANT RIDE @ 5AM. This is one of the most enjoyed safari to explore the wide varieties of wildlife in the Kaziranga National Park. This is one of the most enjoyed safari to explore the wide varieties of wildlife in the Kaziranga National Park. The vast area covered by the Elephant Grass can be best viewed when you are on an elephant’s back. The elephant ride is best enjoyed in the early hours of dawn. The main attraction of it is one horned rhinoceros with wild buffalo, Elephant, tiger a variety of deer, Bear, Python, and prehistoric looking monitor lizard. The Kaziranga wildlife is also adorned with the crested serpent eagle, Pella’s fishing eagle and Grey headed fishing Eagle with a number of other Bird species like the Jungle fowl, Bengal florican and water fowl, goose, a large number of pelicans, Black naked stork, Snake Bird and so on.
Evening free at leisure.Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Highlight: – Elephant Safari
DAY 05: KAZIRANGA – GUWAHATI (241 KMS / 4.30 HRS DRIVE)
Morning post breakfast, drive to GUWAHATI – the commercial capital city of the north-eastern state of Assam, formerly known as Pragjyotishpur (the City of Eastern Light). Fixed between the picturesque hills of the eastern flanks of the Himalayan mountain range, Guwahati houses the political capital of the state, Dispur. The gateway to the 7 North Eastern states, also referred as seven sisters, Guwahati is a vital tourist base point, besides being an attraction in its own!On arrival check into the Hotel.Later in the evening enjoy RIVER CRUISE over the river Brahmaputra (Optional cost). The longest river in India, the Brahmaputra, runs through the spectacular scenery of Assam and is an ideal introduction to river cruising in India.Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Highlight: – Brahmaputra River Cruise @ Guwahati
DAY 06: GUWAHATI LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
Morning after breakfast, check-out & sightseeing tour of KAMAKHYA TEMPLE – Kamrup Kamakhya has been the seat of the powerful tantrik cult in India. Situated atop the Nilachal Hill in Guwahati, this temple is one of the 108 Shakti Peethas of the country. Rising to a modest height of 562 feet above the mighty river Brahmaputra, the hill on which the temple stands commands a magnificent view of the entire city. NAVAGRAHA TEMPLE – dedicated to the nine planets in the solar system this temple was built by the ruler Rajeswar Singh in late 18th century AD. Also known as the Abodes of Surya, the Navagraha Temple or the temple of the nine celestial bodies is located in the south eastern part of Guwahati, on a hill by name Chitrachal. It is a center of astrological and astronomical research. (If time Permits)STATE ZOO – Spread over an area of 130 hectares, Assam State Zoo is the only zoo in India where a natural forest still exists. It is one of the major zoos of the country and boasts of a unique diversity of animal habitat. The botanical garden located within the same vicinity is called Guwahati’s green retreat. Evening visit the THE SRIMANTA SANKARDEVA KALAKSHETRA– the reflection of the life and culture of the people of North East India’s seven sister States. It is a grand exposition of its diverse ethnic groups and sub-groups who have created the cultural mosaic, the essence of North East India in general and Assam in particular, in respect of its beauty and splendour. The Kalakshetra is named after the great Vaishnava saint SrimantaSankardeva, who was born in 1449 in a village called Alipukhuri near Borduwa in Nagaon district. The main attraction in the Kalakshetra is the Central Museum which preserves some traditional articles or artifacts of Assamese culture. Overnight stay at Guwahati
Highlight: – Kamakhya temple
DAY 07: GUWAHATI AIRPORT DEPARTURE
After breakfast transfer to Guwahati airport / railway station for onward destination.
~ ~ ~Tour ends here with sweet memories of nature’s heaven – NORTH EAST INDIA!!! ~ ~ ~
Touring 7 SISTERS (IMP)
Whilst you are in any part of 7 States of Northeast, one must acknowledge that these wonderful destinations are thoroughly low-profile as regards to touristic facilities. We along with the India Tourism are striving hard to promote these virgin touristic destinations & enhance the basic comforts of a traveler making their tour memorable! However to bring to your notice, the 7 SISTERS are transforming in a hardcore manner to accommodate the many needs of the increasing travelers! Hereby we address & request the visitor to be a real-traveler, respect the infrastructure available& please follow our travel advisories, helping us to serve you better & make you discover the real NORTH EAST INDIA!
FOR THE MANY TRAVELER TYPES, we have designed a variety of Tour Combinations with varied & chosen selection of hotels/ground transport/extra facilities etc ranging from Economy to Luxury!!!
- POCKET FRIENDLY– The name is self-explanatory! Economy travel packed in multi combinations to suit Budget traveler’s POCKET!
- SUPER VALUE – Chosenly selected mid-segment hotels matched with each destination& transformed to deliver a perfect product over & above the actual VALUE!
- PREMIUM LUXURY – Premium hotels in each destination clubbed together to get the up-market clients the real LUXURY!
To make it further simpler, we have exquisitely provided 03 OPTIONS each
|DESTINATION||OPTION 1||OPTION 2||OPTION 3|
|Shillong (2 Nights)||Barbareek Inn / Knight Inn||Barbareek Inn / Knight Inn||Barbareek Inn / Knight Inn|
|Kaziranga (2 Nights)||Hotel Florican / Kaziranga Resort||Hotel Florican / Kaziranga Resort||Hotel Florican / Kaziranga Resort|
|Guwahati (2 Night)||Hotel Parshuram||Hotel Priya Palace / Hotel Rialto||Uttam House|
|DESTINATION||OPTION 1||OPTION 2||OPTION 3|
|Shillong (2 Nights)||Landmark Victoria / Silk Route||Asian Confluence||Asian Confluence|
|Kaziranga (2 Nights)||Hotel Aranya / Bonhabi Resort||Wild Grass / JupuriGhar||Landmark Woods / Grassland|
|Guwahati (2 Night)||Hotel Rains Inn||Hotel Landmark||Hotel AarianAathitya / Hotel Nandan|
|DESTINATION||OPTION 1||OPTION 2||OPTION 3|
|Shillong (2 Nights)||Tripura Castle||Polo Towers||Rikynjai|
|Kaziranga (2 Nights)||Iora – The Retreat||Infinity Resorts / Borgos||Infinity Resorts / Borgos|
|Guwahati (2 Night)||Brahmaputra Ashok||Hotel Lily / Gateway Grandeur / Royale de Casa||Dynasty / Kiranshree Portico|
NOTE: Exclusive of 3.09% Government Service tax (Mandatory) The Vehicles included in packages are Air-Conditioned
- Categorized hotel stay on TWIN/DBL sharing basis.
- Above rates includes Breakfast @ respective hotels.
- 01 Elephant & Jeep safari @ Kaziranga.
- 01 designated chauffeur-driven private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing (as per itinerary).
- Our special assistance throughout the tour.
- All our quotes are considered with Base category room (unless mentioned otherwise). Request for upgradation of rooms has to be madewith us atleast 10 days before departure date. Beyond this time-limit, all the room upgrade requests have to be booked & the additional cost paid directly with the hotel.
- For your information, most of the hotels do not have LIFT/ELEVATORS! On confirmation, our team always checks for the age-group of the Clients traveling. We do so, to ensure that if there are Guests who are Senior citizens/having serious health issues like Breathing problems or Blood pressure/having Joint problems which refrain them climbing higher floors, can be allotted rooms on lower levels (subject to availability). The same has to be intimated to us, well in advance while confirming so that our operations team shall take every possible measure to ensure the same.
- Clients have to be informed about the destinations visited & the local infrastructure available there! They must note that they are visiting Nature at its best & should not be adamant on luxury facilities. Request you to please do not compare these hotels with other hotels from fully-developed destinations! Although we shall try our best to secure the best hotels, but some hotels may not have western toilets/Bathroom geysers/Advanced Television Sets/Common Toiletries/24-Hrs Electricity/Instant Room Services/Continuous Water Supply etc.
- Only a few chosen hotels in 7 Sisters have a good inventory of rooms (more than 20 rooms)! Hence the specified room category availability plays an important role. Inspite of our advanced room allocation, we request you to place your bookings well-in advance to avoid disappointment at last minute! In stringent cases, we shall book a similar category hotel.
- Breakfasts are included & are served within a specified time-limit (normally from 0730-1000 hrs). Timing differs from hotel-to-hotel. Normally Buffet breakfasts are served, but if the room occupancy is low, you shall get the breakfast in room. The Menu also differs from hotel-to-hotel, ranging from budget-luxury categories!
- We have given only DINNER SUPPLEMENT, as during the daytime guests shall be traveling/visiting sights & it becomes a hectic job for our drivers to match-up the lunch timings @ designated hotels. Also there shall be loss of sightseeing, just to have your Lunch coming back to the hotel. Hence we refrain from adding LUNCH to your tour & request you to have your Lunch on sightseeing tour, where our driver shall suggest appropriate restaurants as per you’re eating preferences!
GROUND TRANSPORT (ADVISORY)
- The main touristic vehicles available in 7 SISTERS are Tata Sumo / Indigo / Innova. In some states we have Mahindra Bolero / Scorpio / Tavera / Jeeps as well. Most preferred is SUMO due to its rugged profile, seating capacity, ground clearance & of course Reliability in difficult mountain terrains! Toyota Innova are best usable on plain terrains with relatively good roads, since its ground clearance is a bit low!
- Unfortunately, Top Luggage carriers are not allowed in major places of the northeast region. Hence we are unable to guarantee you the availability of the vehicle with carrier.
- The drives in some itineraries are really difficult & tiring for our drivers. We have formulated all our tour programs, keeping in mind the security measures& drivers duty hours. So some of our suggested tour programs comes with a specific time-restriction.
- We take special care to avoid planning sightseeing tours on days where the monument/place of sightseeing is CLOSED. However in un-evitable circumstances, if such thing happens then we shall try our best to accommodate the sightseeing on next day (as per availability of time). There won’t be any REFUNDS for the same.
- In certain unfortunate incidents like Strikes / Natural Calamities / Bad Weather, our Driver or accompanying escort (in groups only), reserves the right to amend/cancel the tour program accordingly. No REFUNDS can be claimed in this case.